Friday, January 30, 2009

Alma 5...

Alma 5: 14,19
.
"...Have ye received his image in your countenances?"
.
"...I say unto you, can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?"
.
In my life I've been blessed to know some people who truly fit this description, and if they were asked the question, there would be no answer other than a resounding "YES!"
.
I feel it has been such a blessing for me to have the opportunity to meet them, learn from them, and through their love, kindness, and example I feel that just by being around them, I feel closer to my Savior. I want to try a little harder, and be a little better, and smile a lot more.
.
One such person is Steve Larsen, and his wife Sue. Steve passed away today, and my heart is just broken for their family. They are such amazing people - all of them. One of the nicest, happiest families I've ever had the privilege of knowing, though we didn't know them all that long, or all that well. I often think of their family, and their children when raising my own, and try to raise mine in a way that they can become like them. Steve was also an amazing Sunday School teacher. I would always leave his class so excited to learn more about the joyful gospel of Jesus Christ. Whenever we were blessed to be in his presence, there was always such a wonderful spirit of love, and happiness, and the promise of a laugh at the slightest provocation.
.
We always left feeling better about ourselves and everything and everyone else.
I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that this birth we call death does not permanently separate us from those we love, and that the end of this mortal state is not the end of family, friendship and love.
.
Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to remember a man who has been such a great example to our family, and thank him and his family for the lives they've lived. We truly love you.

2 comments:

Leslie and Josh said...

I was due on the 30 of Dec. My doctor was even willing to enduce me. However, it must have been a full moon that night becuase there was NO room in the inn even till midnight that night. My DR. was still at the hospital and willing to let me come in if there had been room. Oh well. We like haveing it that much further from Christmas.

Leslie and Josh said...

On the subject of your post: Thanks for posting that. Steve Larson also played a part in both mine and my husbands life and was a good friend to my father-in-law. It was very comforting to me to have him tell me at my Grandfather's funeral, Ironic, that Josh was one of the best kids he knew. We will both miss him. Gotta go, Johny's trying to plung the toilet all by his little self. :O