Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Sariah!!


Eight years ago, on August 12, 2000, at 7:27 am, (after 24 1/2 hours of labor) you joined our family. Ever since that first moment of birth we've been amazed at this "old soul" who'd joined our family. You've always been our little grown up, right after birth, instead of crying, but still fully aware, you just kind of grunted your hello to us. Even as a baby, you'd sit quietly during Sacrament meeting, would let me spend hours doing your hair, started sleeping through the night very early on, and your favorite music was "Rejoice Greatly" from Handel's Messiah.




You've continued to be a very easy kid to take care of. Sometimes I feel like you're more of a parent to me, reminding me to do what we both know is right.


I'm so excited for you that you are turning 8!!! You are such an amazing kid! There are so many things I love about you, and so many ways you impress, and inspire me every day.



I LOVE...


*That you hate Hannah Montana!




*That you love bugs and slime as much as you love princess dresses and dancing.


*How you are such a great big sister to Essi, you're so patient with her, and you do such a great job in including her in everything. She's lucky to have you for a big sister, and she's right to adore you.


*How you always want to do the right thing. I love how even if there's something you'd rather do, you'll choose what you know is right, without needing any reasons other than you know it's right.


*That you willingly do chores, and jobs around the house.


*That you're a little bookworm and that you consider books friends.


*That you can read books way beyond your years, and understand them and discuss them.



*That you've got great taste in music!


*That you try to obey even when you sometimes don't want to.


*That you go to bed when I tell you to.


*How you share your stuff with Essi.


*That you'll read Essi stories.


*How you'll "mother" Essi when I'm not around, or even if I just need a nap.


*How you're always inventing things.


*All your "crafts."


*How great of an artist you are.


*How you love to learn anything new.


*How excited you are every time you discover or learn something.




*How you always want to make presents or art for people.


*Your ideas to make money.


*Your ideas to "go green."


*Your missionary ideas, and how you encourage mom and dad to do more.


*How you try to see the best in people.


*How quick you are to forgive.


*How you'll seem so grown up and mature one minute, and then remind me that you are still a sweet innocent loving little girl the next.


*How you make me want to be a better person, and a better mom.


*How your thinking and ideals are far beyond those of most 8 year olds. You want to change the world, and I believe you will, one person at a time, just by being yourself.



Thank you for being our daughter. We love you so much, and we're so proud of you. We're so lucky to have you as part of our family, and we feel so blessed. I hope you have a fantastic birthday, and that 8 is a great year for you! Thank you for being you Sariah. I love you.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Sariah! I am in the Primary Presidency in Mobile, AL. I shared your missionary experience with our primary kids last month! Thank you for being such a great example! I hope you have the best b-day ever! It is GREAT to be 8!
Sis. Odom from Mobile
P.S. LOVE the pictures!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Sariah! I love the curly hair, such a beautiful girl.

Thanks for the well wishes Tenise. It's great to know people care. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Look at those curls! How adorable! I can't believe you have an 8 year old! Wow!

Happy Birthday Sariah!